31st December

Dressed up in their best.
All in glittering attires,
When the bars will be making dollars each minute.
Having an all nighter,
Completely hammered like they gonna die.
Celebration is a tiny word,
Extravagant, it would be.
With someone making love,
With oozing whiskey bottle,
With red lips kissing the wine glasses,
When the crackers will fizzle across the sky,
And with dazzling tipsy women on the dance floor,
With another shot,
And a cigar,
The world will welcome 2016
But I'll be there in my room,
On my bed,
Listening to Lana, Sia or Swift.
Or with just another book in my hand.
Or an empty shattered heart,
Shouting to give it a pen.
And leave those scars on the paper as the ink spreads
Or maybe just laying, thinking of the year,
All the people who left and the ones who made me smile.
All the mistakes I made and a lot of regrets.
Cursing myself for all the sins and the hurtful deeds I did.
And as the clock strikes twelve,
The earth would blast with all the craze
And the fire works,
But I'll still be there,
Right at that spot,
Where I'm found every night.
But the only difference would be,
The streets won't be mine today.
People would be happy as hell for the next
But I, with another sigh, will hope to survive the next 365.
My dark little soul.


Happy New Year!
May the odds ever be in your favour.

Much love,
Nupur.


You Might Also Like

1 comments